- These are very Colorful Bird Whistles from the world of channapatna
- Channapatna toys are a particular form of wooden toys (and dolls) that are manufactured in the town of Channapatna in the Bangalore Rural district of Karnataka state, India.
As a result of the popularity of these toys, Channapatna is known as Gombegala Ooru (toy-town) of Karnataka.
Traditionally, the work involved lacquering the wood of the Wrightia tinctoria tree, colloquially called Aale mara (ivory-wood).
- The craft has diversified over time; in addition to the traditional ivory-wood, other woods—including rubber, sycamore, cedar, pine and teak—are now used as well.
- Manufacturing stages include procuring the wood, seasoning the wood, cutting the wood into the desired shapes, pruning and carving the toys, applying the colours and finally polishing the finished product. Vegetable dyes are used in the colouring process to ensure that the toys and dolls are safe for use by children.
- This is An adorable gift for your little ones.
- No Toxic Colors used anywhere in the process of making… Vegetable oils and dyes are used to color and polish the toys.
- All the materials used in making these whistles are 100% natural, biodegradable and safe for environment and children.
Each whistle is 50 rs